The Away Team
CARP is looking for active members who want to help us grow!
Join our AWAY TEAM of CARP Ambassadors who will represent our CARP and Zoomer brands at consumer shows and community festivals starting in Spring 2019.
The AWAY TEAM will engage with potential members at community festivals and consumer shows across southern Ontario, starting in spring 2019, promoting CARP membership and Zoomer Magazine subscriptions at events frequented by our demographic, such as The ZoomerShow, Canada Blooms, One of a Kind Craft Show, Word on the Street, Collingwood Elvis Festival, Havelock Country Jamboree, Fergus Highland Games…
- This position will require your own transportation to and from the event location. (km allowance provided)
- In some cases, the ability to carry boxes and material of up to 40 kilograms and transport material in your own vehicle.
- Transportation, set up and take down the promotional materials, including boxes or magazines and other printed material.
- Occasional set up our 10 x 10 foot outdoor event tent.
- Able to walk significant distances required at consumer shows, indoor and outdoors, rain or shine.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, engaging with potential members and subscribers.
This position will offer minimum wage, with the opportunity to earn more with a royalty payment for each memberships/subscription sold.
The Road Trip Team
Your Summer Adventure of 2019
CARP and Zoomer Magazine are looking for that rare combination of adventurous, outgoing advocates, interested in dedicating the summer of 2019 to CARP and Zoomer brands.
The Perfect Candidates:
A couple representing the Zoomer Demographic who are comfortable driving and sharing sleeping quarters (motel, hotel, RV)
Self-starters, great communicators, sales or educational experience, physically fit and ready for fun!
Working with the CARP National Office to set a journey map that would see you on a 2 month road trip, visiting communities across Ontario and perhaps other provinces, visiting weekend festivals, Friday/Saturday/Sunday from Canada Day through the Labour Day weekend.
Moving between festival locations during the week, you would also visit local community groups along the way (Probus, Rotary, Recreation Centres, Golf Clubs, Tennis Clubs, Retirement Communities, etc.. generating greater awareness of CARP’s advocacy mission and associated member benefits, including Zoomer Magazine.
Travel costs, along with a combination of hourly pay and commission incentives for membership and magazine sales would be provided.
Please send your expression of interest via email, by Friday December 7th, 2018; along with your resume, or summary of work career, to my attention, with the subject CARP AWAY TEAM AMBASSADOR or CARP ROAD TRIP TEAM
Email: [email protected]
Director, Community Affairs