cs

Community Development

Welcome to CARP Community Development

Contact us to find out more about CARP Chapters.  We can help you get involved in your local chapter, or help you start one in your community.

To find your more about how CARP Chapters operate, and how you can start one in your community, please click here.

Click here to read our 2012 Community Development Annual Report

Click here to read our 2011 Community Development Annual Report

To access our CARP Chapter Handbook, please click here.

To access our Member Handbook, please click here.

To view our Chapter listing, please click here

Anthony Quinn – Director, Community Development

Elise Kayfetz
, Community Development Officer

Katherine McLeod

Katherine McLeod, Community Development Officer

In the Spotlight

CARP_lrg_onwhite
    When: Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 Where: Brampton Soccer Centre (Dixie Rd. and Sandalwood Pkwy.) Click for...
    Shoppers Pharmacist
    Many Canadians live with multiple chronic illnesses and their medicine cabinets may be filling up as a result. In fact, almost two thirds of those aged 65 and over take five or more prescription drugs from different drug classes. Managing... read more »
    Since 2010, the Mississauga Halton CCAC has honoured 285 caregiving heroes throughout South Etobicoke, Mississauga, Oakville, Halton Hills and Milton. Last year, 110 more “heroes” from across the Mississauga Halton region were... read more »
    Marilyn Lightstone-featured-image
    Marilyn writes to friends Gail and Jean about the rich culture and sounds of Israel. Part 12: Dear Gail, Thanks again for helping me get my travel documents ready for my trip to Israel. When one’s printer is down, what else can a... read more »
    napping
    What age were you when you realized the beauty of a nap? 30? 40? 50? Can’t remember because you were tired? I don’t know when I first felt the warm embrace of an afternoon nap. I’m not a great sleeper at night, by noon I’m... read more »
    Marla Shapiro
    Osteoporosis Canada Presents “Bone Matters with Dr. Marla Shapiro” – Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 -  a special, live presentation by Health and Medical expert, Dr. Marla Shapiro, with remarks from President and CEO of Osteoporosis... read more »
    DesignAbility Program  DesignAbility volunteers develop and build unique assistive devices to aid persons of all ages with physical disabilities to be more independent and to participate at school and work, to parent, to take part in... read more »
    richmondCARPphoto
    A new vision of aging is coming to Richmond. CARP, formerly the Canadian Association for Retired Persons, opened its 60th chapter in Richmond this November. With a goal of sparking “connections” between not only seniors but... read more »
    OW-AGEISM
    ThirdQuarter are a non-profit, online job service for Canadian men and women aged 45 years and over now in the 'third quarter' of their professional and working careers. Established in 2010 through a collaboration of the chambers of... read more »
    Lillian
    Former Canadian Prime Minister and Finance Minister, The Right Honourable Paul Martin, sent a note of condolence to CARP on the passing of Founder, Lillian Morgenthau. "It is with great regret that I learned of Lillian Morgenthau's... read more »
    seniors group
    PEAPN is hosting its 2nd Annual Wellness Walk and Community Fair in partnership with CARP (Mississauga and Brampton Chapters) on Saturday, June 15th, 2013, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Flower City Seniors Centre in Brampton. Our goal is to... read more »
    E-Voice CARP on Zoomers.ca Facebook icon Twitter icon RSS Feeds