Coverage of the best-in-class vaccines that protect seniors against the ‘Big 3’ illnesses (flu, shingles and pneumonia) is inconsistent at best.
In some provinces, only seniors in long-term care are covered. In others, no one is covered at all.
CARP won’t rest until every senior can receive free and easy access to the potentially lifesaving vaccines they deserve.
Here is a digest of some of our recent media coverage on this issue:
Ordered by most recent first:
- AUDIO CLIP: With the flu season just around the corner, CARP urges government to fully fund the high-dose flu vaccine
- AUDIO CLIP: CARP warns that the coming flu season poses a bigger threat than ever to seniors
- AUDIO CLIP: CARP in Nova Scotia explains why funding the high-dose flu vaccine only for seniors in care homes isn’t enough
- AUDIO CLIP: CARP in BC comments on how important vaccines are in long-term care
- CARP Wants High Dosage Flu Shot Across Canada
- AUDIO CLIP: CARP warns that ignoring flu season during COVID-19 could be disastrous
- AUDIO CLIP (ZOOMER RADIO): Libby Znaimer talks about the pending COVID-19 vaccine and CARP’s annual flu vaccine launch on National Senior’s Day
- Marissa Lennox (Chief Policy Officer) says Canada needs to do better for seniors
- AUDIO CLIP (February 26): In the early days of COVID-19 in Canada, CARP raises a flag that the flu and pneumonia pose a huge and recurring threat to immunocompromised seniors every year