CARP has released its 2017-2018 Impact Report which highlights our biggest advocacy wins of the last year, and our top advocacy priorities for the year ahead. Please click here to read to full Impact Report.
Some highlights from CARP’s action in 2017 include:
- Expanded EI Family Caregiver Benefit
- Obtained commitment to $5 billion in homecare funding from the federal government
- Partnered with the Alzheimer’s Society of Ontario to secure $100 million to create an Ontario dementia strategy
- Click here to read the full list of CARP’s wins!
Here’s what will consume our advocacy efforts in 2018:
- Pension protection
- RRIF reform
- Resident safety in long-term care
- Access to housing
- Stand Up Straight!
For more information on CARP’s Top 5 Advocacy Priorities please click here.
“Through our polls and member feedback, we understand the issues that are important to older Canadians. We are keen to work with governments at all levels to create policy and secure funding to make a difference in the lives of Canadians as we age.”
– Wanda Morris, VP of Advocacy