Resources to combat elder abuse and neglect change depending on which jurisdiction you live in. For more information, please visit the Canadian Network for the Prevention of Elder Abuse (CNPEA) or this page from the Government of Canada.
To help you navigate, we’ve listed some of them below. To see the full list of resources in your area or for more information on elder abuse and neglect law in Canada, click here to read the extensive practical guide from the Canadian Centre for Elder Law.
- Saskatchewan Seniors Mechanism
- Victim Services
- Provincial Association of Transition House and Services of Saskatchewan
- Elder Abuse Ontario
- Information and resources from the government of Ontario
- Advocacy Centre for the Elderly
- Government of Quebec – La maltraitance envers les personnes aînées
- La ligne Aide Abus Ainés
- Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
- Information and resources from the government of Nova Scotia
- Protection for Persons in Care
- Family Law Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Violence Prevention Initiative
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador Health and Community Services
For more information on elder abuse and neglect law in Canada, click here to read the extensive practical guide from the Canadian Centre for Elder Law.