Visit the Globe and Mail website for a live discussion Thursday, Dec. 9 at 12 p.m. ET on the topic: Caring for seniors.
What are the challenges we face as Canada’s senior population grows? There is a widespread belief that an aging population will bankrupt the health system, but what is the evidence? Does Canada have the resources to cope properly?
Globe and Mail public health reporter André Picard will join the discussion, along with guest Susan Eng.
Mr. Picard has written extensively about senior care and has authored three best-selling health and policy books. He is widely acclaimed for his reporting and writing.
Ms. Eng is Vice President of Advocacy for CARP, a national organization committed to advocating for social change that will bring financial security, equitable access to health care and freedom from discrimination for all Canadians as they age.
* There’s nothing to do during a Live Event other than read, watch and occasionally send in a comment or vote in the polling questions.
* It’s not a chatroom. You go to largely find out what the writer has to say. An open chat with thirty or more readers turns into poor, disjointed content very quickly..
* Your comments are published at the Writer’s discretion. The Writer can view all comments sent to them but only they can publish your comments for everyone to see..
* Our ‘autoscroll’ feature ensures you’re always shown the newest content without having to refresh or scroll your screen. You can turn this on or off by using the controls at the bottom of the Viewer Window..
* Subtle sound effects alert you to new content as the writer publishes it. This can also be turned on or off as needed..
* If you see a “Click for Live Updates” button, this means that the event owner has selected to turn off the event Title Page. Please click this button (once) in order to view the latest event updates..
Keywords: healthcare, ageism