Article posted June 2011
Our CARP Halton Chapter Annual General Meeting will be held on Tuesday June 21st from 6.00pm to 9.00pm in the Cafeteria at the Halton Regional Centre on Bronte Road just north of the QEW.
The agenda for the meeting will be found below. Along with keynote speakers we will have light entertainment, a light tasty buffet, and display tables provided by our sponsors.
Door prizes will be drawn throughout the evening.
We believe we have organised an evening that will be both informative and entertaining.
As with all of our meetings they are free to attend and are open to everyone in Halton Region. We encourage our members to bring a friend.
Please plan to attend this meeting and join your CARP Chapter voluteers as we celebrate a successful 2010/2011 season. Please come out and show your support for the efforts made on your behalf during this past year.
As we look forward to working for you all in the 2011/2012 season we welcome your views and ideas. We encourage you to speak out at this meeting or if you would prefer, contact us by telephone; 905 319 7345, or send us an email: [email protected]
As with many organisations we depend on our volunteers. However we would welcome more help. If you would like to do something for the Chapter please let us know. This could be anything from organising a single event to taking on a more active role within our volunteer group. With more input from our members and more help we will be able to give our Chapter the important voice it deserves along with other Seniors organisations as we collectively focus on the issues that affect seniors across Halton Region.
Doors will open at 6.00pm with the main meeting taking place between 7.00pm and 9.00pm.
6:00 to 7:00pm
– Sponsor exhibits and CNIB and S.A.L.T. displays. Aidan Purnell will provide live entertainment and a light buffet and refreshments will be available.
– Call to Order and Official Opening of Annual Meeting by current Chair Tom Carrothers.
– Welcoming Address: Regional Councillor, Cathy Duddeck.
– CARP National Update: CARP Vice President, Community Development, Ross Mayot.
7:25 to 7:45pm
– Report from Chair Tom Carrothers
– Introduction of 2010/2011 Board Members
– Introduction of new members, call for additional nominees, and move to accept Board Members for 2011/2012.
– Sponsor exhibits and CNIB and S.A.L.T displays. Aidan Purnell will provide live entertainment and a light buffet and refreshments will be available.
8:15 – 8:45pm
– We welcome our keynote speaker Sheldon Wolfson. Sheldon is the Commissioner of Social & Community Services for Halton Region. Sheldon will discuss the services available for seniors in Halton, regional interaction with the municipalities in Halton for seniors’ services, future initiatives for seniors and how CARP and our membership volunteers can interact with the Region.
Sheldon Wolfson, Reg.N., B.A., M.H.Sc., is the Commissioner of Social & Community Services for Halton Region. Sheldon hasworked in the health and social services fields for over 30 years and is a recognized member of many professional affiliations including: the Ontario Association of Non-Profit Homes and Services for Seniors, the Association of Municipalities of Ontario Long-Term Care Advisory Committee and Accreditation Canada. He is part of the Clinical Faculty at the McMaster University School of Nursing. Sheldon is also very active in the community. He is a member of several local boards and foundations including Healthcare Leaders Group – Mississauga- Halton Local Health Integration Network, Mohawk College Community Access Cabinet, and Public Services Health and SafetySector – Municipal Services Committee.