The Missisauga CARP Chapter and PEAPN will be working together on their mutual goal of eliminating Elder Abuse in their community.
To kick things off, Murray Ethrington, Chair of the Mississauga Chapter is organizing a CARP Team to participate in the upcoming Walkathon to promote awareness of Elder Abuse in its many forms and raise some much needed funds to develop coordinated approaches.
Guest Speakers Include:
- Brad Butt, MP, Mississauga-Streetsville
- Hon. Linda Jeffrey, Ontario Minister Responsible for Seniors
- There will also be a FREE Nordic Pole Walking Clinic for those walkers interested in learning how to use
the walking poles on the walk. All walkers of all abilities are welcome to join in the walk around Lake
Aquitaine – with or without the walking poles.
- The Community Fair will feature exhibits from community organizations that provide programs and
services to older adults. Admission is FREE!
- There will be fabulous door prizes and light refreshments will be served. Everyone is welcome!
Proceeds from the Wellness Walk and Fair will be used to fund direct services to older adults dealing with abuse, or at risk of abuse. Visit http://www.peapn.ca/wellness-walk/ for more information and to get involved, or contact Murray at the Missisauga CARP Chapter. [email protected]
Wellness Walk Fundraiser and Fair