On March13th, 2013 – CARP Submitted its 2013 Pre-Budget recommendations to the Ontario Ministry of Finance. To download a copy of the submission and read CARP’s recommendations for Ontario, please click here.
CARP Recommendations fell under five main headings:
1. Pension Reform: Renew commitment to pension reform through CPP enhancement and PRPP modification.
2. Caregiver Support: Build on Bill 30 (Family Caregiver Leave Act) and support a comprehensive caregiver strategy in Ontario by funding health training, respite, and financial support for informal caregivers.
3. Homecare: Provide stable, ongoing funding for homecare and homecare services
4. Pharmacare: Work with other provinces to improve access to and reduce cost burden of drugs through price negotiation and bulk buying.
5. Retirement Security: Support single seniors, with particular regard to older women, with an increase to GAINS and refundable tax credits for single seniors in financial need.