This week, the provincial and territorial health ministers are meeting in Vancouver.
This is the first time the Health Ministers have met since a new federal government was elected last year. It is an important opportunity to ask the Health Ministers to “put the heart back in health care” so that our public system stays public and improves to serve everyone better.
Public health care advocates from across the country are taking action this Wednesday and we need your help! We want to know what you’d say to the Health Ministers.
Please help us get your message to the Health Ministers by doing 2 things:
- Send us your Hopes for Health Care using this online form.
- We’ll display your message in a public art display on Wednesday, January 20, and deliver your messages to the ministers on Thursday, January 21. To ensure that we have time to add your message, please send your message to us by 6pm tomorrow (Tuesday).
- If you use Twitter, join the Twitter Rally on Wednesday
- All day Wednesday we’re encouraging people to tweet about Canadian health care using the hashtag #HealthMin16. You can also find and follow the BC Health Coalition on twitter at @BCHC for updates about the action.
Almost every day we hear from people who want to see public health care work better. We’re hopeful that this Ministers meeting will be a turning point for Canadian public health care.
Do you have a message for the health ministers? If so, we’d really like to include it in our art display on Wednesday.
Please send your message to us using the form found here: http://www.bchealthcoalition.ca/what-you-can-do/send-your-message-health-ministers
P.S. You can catch me on CBC radio tomorrow morning to learn more about the Health Ministers’ meeting. Tune in at:
- 6:40 AM – Early Edition with Rick Cluff
- 6:50 AM – On the Island with Gregor Craigie
- 7:00 AM – Daybreak Kamloops with Shelley Joyce
- 7:20 AM – Daybreak South with Chris Walker
- 7:50 AM – Daybreak North with Carolina de Ryk