CARP Chapters are playing their part in the Provincial Elections by putting a face on our advocacy issues and bringing the demands of our members directly to the candidates and political parties in their own ridings.
In preparation for the October election in Ontario, several Chapters are participating in, or hosting their own debates or all-candidates meetings.
Provincial candidates in all ridings with CARP Chapters can expect to hear from our members, looking for direct answers to important questions on in-home and long term care, pharamcare, financial support and tax relief for low income seniors, pension supports and environmental policy.
At the same time, Politicians on the hustings better have had done their homework on issues important to aging Canadians, as hundreds of thousands of CARP members have Susan Eng’s primer on “what to discuss when a candidate calls” at hand, in the October issue of Zoomer Magazine.
The following Chapters have events planned, or in the works in Ontario. Call 1-888-363-2279, email [email protected], or visit the website for more information.
- Brantford Chapter – September 15th
- Belleville, Brighton, Quinte West Chapter is hosting two candidates meetings:
- Mon Sept 19 in Brighton (Northumberland/Quinte West) at 6 pm
- Thurs Sept 22 in Belleville (Hastings/Prince Edward County) at 6:30 pm
- Barrie Chapter – September 20th
- Vaughan Chapter – September 29
- Windsor Chapter – TBD
- Toronto/National Office – September 27th
Contact your local CARP Chapter to get involved in our local advocacy work. Visit www.carp.ca/community to find out more.