Thank you and congratulations! We are officially one year old today as we had our first public meeting at the Pickering Recreation Complex on Saturday, April 23, 2011. Since then, we have:
- Inaugural Planning Meeting: O’Brien Room, Pickering Apr 23, 2011
- Delivery of Zoomer Magazines (50 monthly copies) May 2011
- Creation of Committees (Advocacy/Benefits/Community) June 2011
- Advocacy Meeting “CE LHIN Update” James Meloche July 2011
- New Website launch Sept 2011
- Creation/Execution of “An Evening with Moses Znaimer” Oct 4, 2011
- Seasonal Newsletter Launch – Fall Edition Oct 19, 2011
- CARP National AGM workshop Oct 29, 2011
- Health Advocacy Meeting “Patient Centred”- RVHS-CCD Nov 15, 2011
- Not For Profit Legal Seminar (RVHS-APBOT) Nov 23, 2011
- Executive/Board Planning Session (new board x 12) Dec 1, 2011
- CARP Goes Christmas Dinner SuperCentre! Dec 5, 2011
- Women’s Lifestyle Seminar – The First Step- Richard Atkinson Jan 14, 2012
- Senior Talk With Sgt. John (Rogers Cable – Durham Region) Jan18, 2012
- Seasonal Newsletter Launch – Winter Edition Jan 19, 2012
- Herongate Barn evenings Feb3-4, 2012
- Health Advocacy Meeting – CEO CE- CCAC – Don Ford Feb 7, 2012
- Heart of Networking Events Mar-Apr 2012
- Seasonal Newsletter Launch – Spring Edition Apr 17, 2012
- Passport to a Healthy Lifestyle (Collaboration Ajax Library) Apr 21, 2012
In addition to these events, we have:
- Networked with the Durham Home and Small Business Association (DHASBA), Ajax-Pickering Board of Trade (APBOT), Durham Elder Abuse Network ( DEAN), the Red Hat Society, Heart of Networking for Women, the Ajax and Pickering Libraries and over 50 local businesses that support the CARP vision.
- We have met with Mayors Dave Ryan and Steve Parrish, MP Chris Alexander, MPPs Joe Dickson and Tracy MacCharles and numerous local councillors and Library Board members.
- We have developed a “speakers bureau” of key advocates including Sargent John Keating Durham Police (Elder Abuse and Fraud), author Richard Atkinson (Don’t Just Retire – Live it! Love It!), author Bart Mindszenthy (Parenting Your Parents), Brent Farr (Executive Director Community Care Durham), Don Ford (CEO CE CCAC), David Brazeau (Director Community Relations RVHS), John Peto (Geriatrician RVHS), Michelle Jordan ( VP Transformation RVHS) and James Meloche (Senior Director CE LHIN).
- Established a network of over 50 volunteers for local events and committees.
Congratulations and a BIG thank you to the board, the volunteers and the local business partners who have made this such a successful and fun endeavour!
Randy Filinski Chair, Ajax-Pickering CARP Chapter 20
ajaxpickeringcarp (at) live.ca