CONSUMERS: KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- Learn how to avoid those annoying telemarketing calls when you are eating your dinner.
- Learn who can help when you have a consumer complaint.
- Learn how to protect yourself from fraudulent or bankrupt travel agencies.
You can learn all this and more when you attend the next meeting of the North Fraser Chapter CARP.
When: 1:00 p.m. May 17th
Where: Cameron Centre, 9523 Cameron Street, Burnaby
(across from Lougheed Town Centre) click for map
North Fraser Chapter is holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) to elect Directors for a one or two-year term and conduct other business as appropriate.
Before the AGM, enjoy light refreshments.
After the short formal meeting, enjoy a presentation by Consumer Protection BC.
Consumer Protection BC is a not-for-profit corporation that protects consumers and encourages a fair marketplace in British Columbia.
They will explain:
- the rules governing telemarketers
- the Do Not Call List
- the Travel Fund
- other consumer issues of interest
All are welcome to attend without charge but only CARP members may vote.
To register or for more information, please contact Bruce Bird, Chapter Chair at telephone: 778-284-1189 or email: [email protected] or [email protected]