Brampton CARP Chapter 52 will hold its first Annual Meeting and Election of Officers on Wednesday, 25th September. The Annual Meeting will start at 7pm at the Brampton Soccer Centre, 1495 Sandalwood Pkwy… South- east corner of Dixie Rd. and Sandalwood Pkwy.
CARP members and the public are cordially invited to join us on September 25th 2013 to hear more about the vision and experiences of CARP and some of the future plans for the Brampton Chapter.
The Brampton CARP Chapter serves the wider north Peel and Orangeville area which currently has about 2500 registered CARP members, primarily resident in Brampton, Caledon and Orangeville.
For more information kindly contact P.Howarth at bramptoncarp.ca
FEATURED GUEST SPEAKER: Mario Sergio the Ontario Minister Responsible for Senior Affairs will be the evening’s guest speaker.
- MPP York West, June 1995 – present
- Minister Responsible for Seniors, February 2013 – present
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, November 2011 – February 2013
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services, January 2010 – November 2011
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing, March 2006 – January 2010
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister Responsible for Seniors, September 2004 – March 2006
- Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Consumer and Business Services, October 2003 – September 2004
Personal and Family Life
- Married (Rose) with two sons and four grandchildren
Honours and Awards
- Named “Cavaliere (Knight) of the Italian Republic” by the President of the Republic of Italy
- Golden Lion Award from the Region of Calabria
Mario Sergio was appointed as the Minister Responsible for Seniors in February 2013. He was re-elected in the riding of York West in 2011. He was first elected to the Ontario legislature in 1995.
Sergio has served as Parliamentary Assistant to the Ministers of Consumer and Business Services, Municipal Affairs and Housing, Minister Responsible for Seniors, and Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Sergio’s service in public office goes back to 1978, when he was first elected to the City of North York Council. He was chair and a member of North York’s Planning Board Committee for 14 years. He also served on Metro Toronto Council — where he was chair of the Metro Transportation Committee — the Public Works Committee, the Metro Toronto Housing Authority, the Metro Toronto Region Conservation Authority and the Canadian National Exhibition Board.