Here are some of the top headlines CARP has recently made across Canada:
- Canada facing financial planning challenges with aging population: Marissa comments on the importance of early financial planning for seniors.
- CARP members get ‘medical cannabis 101’: CARP Brantford Chapter educates local seniors on medical marijuana, and how it can serve their needs, at their AGM.
- Seniors keep dying on Toronto streets. What do they actually need to be safe?: Adina Lebo of CARP Toronto Chapter shares her story of peril navigating the streets safely, calling for immediate action to protect older pedestrians.
- Seniors Planning Table: Pedestrians share responsibility for their own safety: Ramona Kaptyn, CARP Board Member and President of White Rock-Surrey Chapter offers tips to stay safe on the streets.
- Ontario rolls out dental care program for low-income seniors: CARP members Ursula Hudson and Dorothy Prickett praise Ontario’s new dental care program for low income seniors, but question the income cut-off.
- Surrey police transition to be finalized tonight amid noisy opposition: Ramona criticizes city of Surrey for freezing size of police presence, saying seniors feel unsafe.