Since 1985, CARP has been committed to enhancing the quality of life for all Canadians by advocating for social change that brings about financial security, equitable and timely access to health care and freedom from discrimination and ageism.
Advocating for changes to public policy change and societal attitudes is a marathon, not a sprint. CARP advocates through education, as well as community, media and governmental engagement. You can read about how public policy changes here.
We are grateful for the volunteers across Canada who join us in raising their voices for change.
- Establishment of CPP Investment Board
- Pension income in couples
- Increased Guaranteed Income Supplement for lowest income seniors
- Lowering mandatory RRIF withdrawals
- Increase in OAS, Federal Supplement Benefits
- Redressed negative impact of CERB eligibility for seniors receiving GIS
- Changes to Long Term Institutional Care
- Decreasing the cost of medicine
- Making homecare possible
- Protection against the flu
- Dental coverage
- Access to innovative treatments
- Access to optometry
FREEDOM FROM AGEISM
- Ending of mandatory retirement at age 65