This new government-issued ID is now available at 21 ServiceOntario locations across the province, and will be available at all locations by 2012.
This secure card will make it easier for people aged 16 years and over who do not have a driver’s licence to open a bank account, make travel arrangements or perform other activities that require official ID.
* To apply for a photo card you need to be an Ontario resident, and provide original identity documents with your legal name, date of birth and signature.
* The photo card will cost $35 and is valid for five years.
* Approximately 1.5 million Ontarians aged 16 years and over do not have a valid driver’s licence.
* Ontario joins eight other provinces that offer a government-issued photo ID card.
* The Ontario photo card mirrors the same security features as the driver’s licence to help prevent fraud and identity theft.
Read more about the new ID card on the Government of Ontario’s website