“If I can do it, anyone can do it!” says Brockville’s Mary Clayton. Mary is inspiration and proof that its never to late to start even the most intimidating of fitness programs. Just shy of 60, she took the first step and joined the Learn 2 Run program. Before long she committed to running her first 5k and today, after several years is now running half marathons and is in the best shape of her life! AND YOU CAN TOO!
POWER WALKING, LEARN 2 RUN and 1st 5k:
Tuesday November 20th, 2012 – January 15th, 2013
TIME: 5:00pm – 6:15pm COST: $45.00 for CARP Members $65.00 for non-members (INCLUDES A CARP MEMBRSHIP)
2012/2013 WINTER Meeting Location: SEVERSON’s CLEANERS 68 William Street
Proceeds go to the Brockville and Thousand Islands CARP Chapter supporting local non-profit organizations, programs and initiatives.
Contact: Dawn Edgley, Brockville Chapter Chair at [email protected] or call (613) 802-0424
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Experienced and motivational trainers
- Non-intimidating environment, specialized for beginners and individualized based on fitness level
- Program modifications for members with experience
- Learn to make a lifestyle change and LEARN TO LOVE IT!
- Foot and gait analysis with proper shoe recommendations
- Progress slowly and safely with a run/walk combination
- Learn proper stretching techniques
- Weekly educational sessions to help participants understand the body’s adaptation to its new walking or running activity
- Socialize and meet new people
- Weekly homework schedules (participants are required to walk/run a minimum or 2 additional days on their own)
NEED A REASON TO JOIN?
THE REALITY IS THAT AFTER 40 THE BODY STARTS TO AGE. THE GOOD NEWS IS, YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
If you are approaching or over the age of 40 and you have left excercising on your lifes ‘To Do’ list, it’s time to get serious about your health or you might lose it! After 40, physiological changes start to happen including loss of muscles mass, bone density reduces, the metabolism starts to slow down and we are at greater risk of illness, disease and other ailments.
YOU CAN FEEL BETTER AT 50 THEN YOU DID AT 20!
It’s true that we are aging younger than ever before and with the help of modern technology and advanced education, we have added an additional 10, 20 or more years of life. A large body of scientific evidence supports this fact and in addition, suggests that we can actually reverse the aging process. Another interesting study showed that while age-related muscle deterioration is always present, that men and women well into their 80’s have the same ability as an 18 year old to build muscle and reduce fat. The antidote is simple: plenty of rest, a healthy diet, limited stress, and regular exercise.
By getting involved with our WINTER 2012 Power Walking and Learn 2 Run programs you can start your own personal journey to a longer, healthier, younger life!